The TSS subclass 482 visa is for skilled individuals who want to temporarily work in Australia. Depending on the skills and the job, a Subclass 482 visa lets a person work for up to 4 years in Australia and allows him or her to travel to and from the country throughout its term. It also allows the person’s family members to study and work in Australia.
If you have been nominated by an Australian employer to work in Perth, approach the leading migration agent in Perth and get started with your TSS 482 visa process.
Now let’s see who can apply for a visa 482 and its requirements and criteria.
Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) 482 Visa Requirements
In order to apply for a TSS 482 visa, an individual must meet the following requirements:
- He/she must have been nominated for a skilled position by an approved employer
- He/she have sufficient health insurance from an approved insurance company
- The person must have 2 years of relevant work experience in the last 5 years
- he/she must meet the character requirements
- The individual must have the necessary qualifications and skills
- he/she must meet the English language requirements
- The individual must have a valid functional visa, of subclass 010 (Bridging A), of subclass 020 (Bridging B), or of subclass 030 (Bridging C), if he or she is in Australia at the time of applying for a visa 482
- The person must comply with other482 visa conditions and requirements as outlined by the government of Australia.
An applicant who needs to migrate to Perth should consult a visa agent Perth and get expert advice on the various requirements of the TSS 482 visa.
Licensing And Registration
If the nominated occupation of an individual requires registration or licensing in Australia, he/she has to secure the relevant license or registration or show that they fulfil the requirements for licensing or registration in Australia.
The TSS 482 visa has no age limit. However, if a person has been granted a visa in an MLTSSL (Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List) occupation and wishes to apply for permanent residency in Australia after 3 years of working for the same employer, he/she needs to be under the age of 45 at the time of applying for permanent residency (unless you fulfill the exemptions).
Temporary Skill Shortage 482 Visa Streams
The Temporary Skill shortage visa subclass 482 is classified into three different streams, and a visa applicant needs to fulfill the requirements of the stream he or she applies in. An individual can work in a nominated occupation for an approved Australian employer under one of the following streams:
An individual is eligible to apply for this Temporary Skill shortage visa subclass 482 if he or she is nominated by an approved business sponsor in an occupation listed on the STSOL (Short-Term Skilled Occupations List). However, individuals are allowed to hold only one temporary visa as primary applicants.
A person is allowed to work for up to two years on this visa which can be renewed for another two years if applying from onshore. It is further renewable for additional two years on applying from offshore. All this while the applicant must meet the requirements of the Genuine Temporary Entrant.
A person can apply for this stream if an employer sponsors him or her in an occupation listed on the MLTSSL (Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List) or the ROL (Regional Occupation List). It allows the person to work in Australia for up to 4 years, with eligibility for permanent residency after 3 years, subject to meeting age, health, character, and English requirements. Also, this can be applied for unlimited times.
An applicant can apply for this stream if an employer in Australia has a Labour agreement with the Department of Home Affairs and sponsors the applicant.
The TSS visa subclass 482 involves a 3-step application process which is as follows:
- an application of sponsorship by an approved employer
- an application of nomination for a skilled position by the approved employer
- a visa application by the nominated employee
TSS 482 STSOL English requirements need a visa applicant to fulfil any one of the following:
- An overall score of 5 or more in the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) with a score of at least 4.4 in each of the 4 components
- A score of B or above in each of the 4 components of the OET (Occupational English Test)
- An overall score of 36 or more in the TOEFL iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test) with a score of at least 3 in each of the components of reading and listening and a minimum score of 12 in each of the components of speaking and writing
- A total score of at least 154 in the CAE (Cambridge English: Advanced) with a minimum score of 147 in each of the 4 components
- A total score of 36 or above in the PTE (Pearson Test of English) with a minimum score of 30 in each of the 4 components
A higher English score may be needed if an individual requires licensing or registration for the nominated occupation.
TSS 482 MTLSSL English requirements need an applicant to meet any one of the following:
- A total score of 5 or above in the IELTS with a minimum score of 5 in each of the 4 components
- B or above in each of the 4 components of the OET
- A total score of 35 or more in the TOEFL iBT with a minimum score of 4 in the components of reading and listening each, and a score of at least 14 in each of the components of speaking and writing
- A total score of 154 or more in the CAE and a minimum score of 154 in each of the 4 components
- A minimum total score of 36 in the PTE with a score of at least 36 in each of the 4 components
If you want to secure a TSS 482 visa for immigrating to Perth and need professional advice, you can contact the best Perth Migration Agent and get started with your application process.